The important objective of this study is to develop ubiquitous and knowledge base systems for realizing a creative environment in new research fields by integrating information resources and functions existing in new information societies. Ubiquitous and knowledge base systems lead to highly creative activities for humans over various application fields by sharing, retrieving, editing and integrating databases in ubiquitous computing environments.
9:50-10:00 Workshop Opening at Kappa 11
Prof. Yasushi Kiyoki, Keio University, SFC
Prof. Hannu Jaakkola, Tampere University of Technology
10:00-10:40 Session 1 at Kappa 11
"New Information Society in Ubiquitous and
Knowledge Base Environments"
Prof. Ikuyo Kaneko(KEIO Univ., SFC)
10:40-11:20 Session 2 at Kappa 11
"New directions to IT technology and business"
Prof. Yoshiyasu Takefuji(KEIO Univ., SFC)
11:30-12:10 Session 3 at Kappa 11
"Mobile and ubiquitous computing system environments"
Prof. Hideyuki Tokuda (KEIO Univ., SFC)
13:40-14:20 Session 4 at Kappa 11
"New Skill Science"
Prof. Koichi Furukawa(KEIO Univ., SFC)
14:20-15:00 Session 5 at Kappa 11
"A Knowlede Cluster System Architecture for Global Risk Management"
Dr. Koji Zettsu(NICT, KCS Project)
Dr. Yutaka Kidawara(NICT, KCS Project)
15:10-16:00 Session 6 : Multimedia Knowledge Base System Project at Kappa 11
1. "Knowledge management systems for multimedia databases"
Prof. Yasushi Kiyoki (KEIO Univ., SFC)
2. "Information retrieval systems for Images & Cultural considerations in Oriental countries"
Prof. Yukio Chen(Kanagawa Institute of Technology)
3. "Multimedia Knowledge base systems"
Dr. Naofumi Yoshida (KEIO Univ., SFC)"
16:10-17:10 Session 7 at Kappa 11
1. "Knowledge Base Creation for International Relations"
Shiori Sasaki (KEIO Univ., SFC)
2. "Spatial and mobile Systems" Syuichi Kurabayashi (KEIO Univ., SFC)
3. "Music Database Systems" Asako Ijichi (KEIO Univ., SFC)
4. "Medical Knowledge Base Systems" Minoru Kawamoto (KEIO Univ., SFC)
5. "Meta-database systems for Human Resource Development" Yusuke Takahashi (KEIO Univ., SFC)