- June 6, 2008: The conference is over. Thank you for your participation!
- May 28, 2008: Advanced Program is available.
- May 15, 2008: Preliminary Program is available.
- April 16, 2008: Preliminary Program has been sent to authors.
- April 1st, 2008: The conference registration and hotel reservation are open.
- March 19th, 2008: The acceptance letters have been sent to all authors.
OBJECTIVES: Information modelling is becoming more and more important topic for researchers, designers, and users of information systems. The amount and complexity of information itself, the number of abstraction levels of information, and the size of databases and knowledge bases arecontinuously growing. Conceptual modelling is one of the sub-areas of information modelling. The aim of this conference is to bring together experts from different areas of computer science and other disciplines who have a common interest in understanding and solving problems on information modelling and knowledge bases, as well as applying the results of research into practice. We also aim at recognizing and pursuing research on new topics in the area of information technologies, to which more attention should be paid. Therefore philosophy and logic, cognitive science, knowledge management, linguistics and management science are relevant areas, too. In the conference, there will be four categories of presentations, namelyf ull papers, short papers and position papers.
TOPICS: Modelling of information is necessary in developing information systems. Information is acquired from many sources, by using various methods and tools. It must be recognized, conceptualized, ande fficiently organized so that users can easily understand and use it. Information modelling also helps to master the role and functions of particular components of a system. Modelling is aimed at many different purposes, performed at different levels, and by using different notions and background theories. It should emphasize users' conceptual understanding of a domain, and it can be oriented to the level of processes or algorithms, data and knowledge, as well as communication between agents and representation of a domain. Diverse notions, rules, theories, languages, and methods for modelling at different levels have to be aimed at common understanding and use in different situations, including emergency ones. In this conference the interest is focused on information technologies, knowledgere presentation, process management, and new trends in these, including time-sensitive structures and communication in a multi-agent world.S cientific or technical papers of high quality are welcome on the topics including, but not limited to the following list. The highest priority will be given to papers which are strongly related todifferent aspects of modelling.
Call for Papers
- Sumission deadline: January 16th, 2008.
- The acceptance letters for all types of contributions will be sent by email by March 19th, 2008.
- In the case of acceptance, you are expected to send your final paper for inclusion in the conference proceedings to arrive no later than April 16th, 2008.
- The conference registration: April 30th, 2008
- The final version of accepted papers will be published by IOS after the conference in the Series of the "Frontiers on Artificial Intelligence". The final version of papers for this publication should be sent by Aug. 27th, 2008.
Conference Registration and Hotel Reservation
The conference registration is closed.
Conference Venue (Tsukuba, Japan)
The City of Tsukuba is about 50 km northeast of Tokyo and 40 km northwest of Narita Airport. For more details, see Tsukuba City Information
- Hotel Information
- From New Tokyo International Airport(Narita International Airport)
- Bus schedule from Narita International Airport to Tsukuba Center
- From Akihabara in Tokyo
- From Tokyo Station
Tsukuba International Congress Center
It surrounded by Japanese beautiful nature, and Japanese technologies.
Area Map #2 (detail)
Maps by Google Map
OKURA FRONTIER HOTEL TSUKUBA EPOCHAL
(next building to the conference room)
There are shuttle buses which connect between Narita Int'l Airport and Tsukuba directly. Once you got on the bus you can arrive to the Tsukuba Center bus terminal in 90 minutes (the time table is here). The cost is about 2,540 Yen (currently). Tsukuba Center is very close to the University of Tsukuba and hotels so it is accessible way to come to Tsukuba.
Train called "Tsukuba Express" are available. It is just 45 minutes trip between Akihabara and Tsukuba.
Tsukuba Terminal is also located on the Tsukuba Center. If you will stay at Tokyo or you'd like to go shopping at Akihabara it is accessible way to you.
Highway buses depart from Tokyo Station Yaesu entrance every 10 or 15 minutes. It takes about one hour but it depends on the traffic jam of the express way.
Tokyo station is transfer station to the Shinkansen express, Narita express and many other local trains.
In case of difficulty in traveling to Japan, please contact Naofumi Yoshida or Tomoya Noro (E-mail addresses are listed in the bottom of this page.
Japanese Standard Time (JST) is 9 hours ahead of GMT.
Climate and Weather in early June
- Temperature: 15 to 25 degree Celsius
- Humidity: 50 to 80 %
- Monthly rainfall: 50 to 200 mm (it varies widely from year to year)
Daily forecasts can be seen here.
For More Infomation
contact for EJC2008 local information:
- Naofumi Yoshida via naofumi[at]sfc.keio.ac.jp or naofumi [at] komazawa-u.ac.jp
- Tomoya Noro via noro[at]tt.cs.titech.ac.jp